I came across this magazine as I was buying gatorade for my post-workout drink and chocolate covered raisins to satisfy my sweet-tooth. I typically do not purchase magazines, because the articles are not always mentally fulfilling. However, the photography makes for great inspiration. This magazine has articles pertaining to woman who are still feminine and putting their mark in the business world. The article that resinated with me the most titled, Girl Power, written by Hollie Deese is about why it is important to stay connected with your best friend. This relationship is special because it is the one person who has seen you grow and develop in the various stages of your life. I am very fortunate to have more than one best friend. These ladies inspire me to be better, improve my emotional well-being, and have absolutely beautiful souls. Women in business is a wonderful thing to embrace and so are the special bonds we create.
I had a LUSH-cious experience this past weekend that truly exemplifies how to treat yourself. This was my first time entering a Lush store and the staff definitely compliments the brand. These lovely ladies were welcoming, knowledgeable, and friendly. Another delightful surprise, one of the employees was a sorority sister.
Here are the goodies that I ended up with...
1. Bubblegum lip scrub: Dessert for your lips to be soft and sweet. The best part is you can lick the excess flavored sugar.
2. Ultrabland facial cleanser: Made with almond oil, rose water, and beeswax among other natural ingredients that remove your makeup to leave your skin feeling fresh, clean, and moisturized.
3. Eau roma water (rose/lavendar toner): Can be used to hydrate skin or sprayed on a cotton pad to wipe away dirt.
4. It started with a kiss lip tint: For a ruby red pout. *worn in this Sassy Sunday picture
5. Lip service lip balm: Has shea butter, cocoa butter, and extra virgin olive oil to soften your lips. This is my new must-have in my everyday beauty bag.
Don't have a Lush store near you...no worries, shop here.
"Roses have been used for centuries to heal people physically and emotionally. Rose water is know to be mildly astringent and beneficial for cleansing and refreshing dry, sensitive skin, this delicate, fresh scent has been said to help fight depression, grief, anger, and fear."
100% organic rose petals and organic rose water Rose oil - Shea butter - Olive oil Made in the U.S.A.